The latest figures show 1 in 4 people wait a week or more to speak to a GP or nurse, or don’t get an appointment at all. It is clear, the Tories are letting patients down and presiding over an NHS in crisis. But, it doesn’t have to be like this.
December’s A&E performance was the worst on record, across England over 300,000 patients waited longer than four hours in A&E, almost 70,000 had to wait longer than four hours on a trolley for a hospital bed and so far this winter more than 92,000 patients have been stuck in the back of ambulances outside hospitals.
Labour will stand up for our NHS. We will:
- give the NHS over £37 billion of extra investment,
- cut waiting lists by guaranteeing treatment within 18 weeks,
- put safe staffing levels into law,
- halt the Tory hospital closure plans
- and join up services from home to hospital with a properly integrated health and social care service.